Last updated 9/2/2021
- Party Planners usually collect Halloween candy for Sharps Chapel Elementary Trunk or Treat, held each year at Halloween. Donated wrapped candy can be dropped off at the clubhouse to donate to this event.
- Each November, needy families are identified by Sharps Chapel Elementary School staff. The Sunset Bay Party Planners start the Christmas "adoption" process to provide the families with Christmas gifts and gift certificates from Food City for groceries and gas. Gift tags are created and are placed on the clubhouse Christmas tree. Sunset Bay property owners quickly pull the tags from the tree and return with gifts to fill the wish list from each family.
2020 Giving Tree Update: It does the heart good to see the kindness and generosity of our Sunset Bay community especially during these trying times. This year it was decided to continue the Giving Tree and to add an additional family. So, we are sponsoring the wishes of five families. I want to thank Doug McKay, Sandy, and Rebecca for setting up the Christmas tree for us to display the ornaments. With the help of Janet Stout, Mary Caputo, Linda McMillen, Jen Rugg and Annie Grau we completed 54 ornaments for the Giving Tree. All ornaments were retrieved in a matter of days! We also collected enough cash to purchase $350 Food City gift cards for each family. We are looking forward to things opening for 2021.
- Union County Food Pantry
- Union County Humane Society collects 13 and 39 gallon garbage bags, paper towels, bleach/detergent, Dawn dish soap, and bleach for the Union County Humane Society. See Union County Humane link for drop off location.
- Projects and Collections and 2021 Community Service Projects and Collections can be viewed here (updated 9/29/2020).
Martha Warwick, Union County Public Schools has a program where she collects items for students/families in need. She collects clothes, shoes, home goods, etc. She is in need of household items, bedding and mattresses. Said she has several students sleeping on floors. I spoke to Martha and she said if I would collect the household items and bedding here, she would come get it- and if someone has a mattress she would arrange to get it. If you have a mattress/bed and would like to donate it, please contact the office and I will put you in touch with Martha…. Jenny Boggs, Office Manager, Sunset Bay Owners Association, 865-278-3806
- Sharps Chapel Elementary School appreciates it when we link our Food City and Ingles shopping cards to their school. Our contact person at Sharps Chapel Elementary is Martha Keller; contact her if you have any questions 865-278-3294.
- Samaritan's Purse: Operation Christmas Child; contact Jenny Boggs for more information 865-278-3806